I remember when I was about 15 or 16 years old being drawn to a Rose Quartz bracelet. Immediately after that I was drawn to an Amethyst one. I couldn’t decide which one I wanted more and bought both. And so began my love affair with crystals.
Crystals have been around for thousands of years and the ancient Lemurians, Atlanteans and Egyptians all used crystals for both their healing abilities and beauty. Many of their jewellery would be adorned with different gems bequeathing the wearer with their power. Lapis Lazuli was a favourite for Egyptian Pharaohs due to its power of bestowing spiritual insight.
How do I work with crystals?
The best way to start working with crystals is to go to a crystal shop and see what you are drawn to. Look around and have a feel of the different types. They not only vary in colour, but they also vary in shape, texture, size and cost. Firstly, feel the crystal in your hands. See how you feel when you are holding it. Does it feel like its buzzing or energising. Do you like the feeling of the crystal or do you immediately want to put it back?
To bring the energy of the crystal into your aura you simple need to have it on or around your body. There are many places you can purchase beautiful crystal jewellery or if you have a loose piece you want to use you can place it in your pocket or even in your bra (just remember when you undress in the evening as it will fall out on the floor… this has happened to me on quite a few occasions!)
Remember to cleanse and charge your crystals
Because crystals not only emit energy but also absorb it, they need to be cleansed and recharged regularly. A few ways to cleanse a crystal include:
- Place it under running water (please be mindful that some crystals will disintegrate under running water so please check first);
- Visualise white light sweeping through the crystal;
- Run the crystal over incense or aromatherapy diffuser;
- Place the crystal on rock salt for a few days;
- Place the crystal on a larger crystal such as an citrine or selenite piece; or
- Place it in soil overnight.
To charge a crystal you can:
- Place the crystal under a full moon;
- Place it in an amethyst cave; or
- Sit and meditate with the crystal programming it for the help you desire.
As crystals do have an energy of their own it is always important to give thanks for the help and energy they provide.
I hope this has offered you some ideas on how to utilise the power of crystals. Please feel free to comment below any questions you may have or further tips on how you use, cleanse or energise crystals.
Thank you for reading and until next time remember, happiness starts with a smile! ☺